VESDA-E is the next-generation of VESDA, featuring multiple innovative capabilities that dramatically improve the VESDA experience:
- VESDA Smoke+, offers increased sensitivity – up to 15 times greater than VESDA VLP, at least three times better dust rejection, up to twice the longevity while maintaining consistent sensitivity over time and up to 8% less power consumption per unit area
- VESDA Flex, future proof expandability and programming for maximum flexibility using, StaX Hardware expansion modules that easily bolt onto the VESDA-E detector to add additional capabilities, and Xtralis Software Analytics applications (Xapps) that can be purchased, downloaded, configured & managed remotely over the internet
- VESDA Analytics provides unique particle type characterisation capabilities for targeted detection and efficient response. Analytics currently available includes DieselTraceTM, WireTraceTM and DustTraceTM
- VESDA Verify, provides situational awareness to improve response time, efficiency and effectiveness through pin-point addressability for up to 120 locations
- VESDA Connect, provides extensive connectivity options including Ethernet, WiFi, USB, VESDAnet and relays, to reduce installation, commissioning, monitoring and maintenance costs
- VESDA TCO, reduces the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) through Capex value, Opex savings, Plug’n’Play installation, design-less pipe networks, vast monitoring options and backwards compatibility. With VESDA-E you can reduce TCO by up to 15%
How VESDA-E VEU/VEP works ?
Air is continually drawn from the protected area through the air sampling pipe network and into the detector by a high efficiency aspirator. The air sampling pipe network can contain up to four pipes.
The air from each sampling pipe passes through a flow sensor and then a sample of the air is drawn into the Flair detection chamber via the sampling module, after first passing through the filter.
An additional filter provides clean air to protect the optical surfaces inside the detection chamber from contamination.
The Flair detection chamber uses the equivalent of 330,000 sensors and sophisticated algorithms for smoke detection and particle type characterisation. If the detected smoke is higher than the set alarm thresholds it is reported as an Alert, Action, Fire1 or Fire2 alarm condition. Air is exhausted from the detector and may be vented back into the protected zone. Alarms can be signaled via Relays and VESDAnet. Ethernet and WiFi can be used for configuration and secondary monitoring, and a USB interface is provided for initial setup. A series of LEDs display Alarm, Trouble, Disable and detector power on status. A button allows the user to Reset or Disable the detector. In addition, an optional 3.5” LCD display shows the detector status, including smoke level and a smoke level bar graph, alarm thresholds, trouble status, % airflow level, normalization status and filter life used.
The Six Reasons for VESDA-E
VESDA Smoke+ capitalizes on the patented FlairDetection Technology centered in the VESDA-E detection chamber used in VEU and VEP. The Flair Detection Technology offers increased sensitivity – up to 15 times greater than VESDA VLP, at least three times better dust rejection, up to twice the longevity while maintaining consistent sensitivity over time.
The Smoke+ capability focuses on improving key aspects related to smoke detection including:
- Detection Performance
- Vastly better sensitivity
- Faster response time
- Detection Reliability
- Operating temperature stability
- Minimizing nuisance alarms
- Consistent Performance Over Time
- During long term exposure to dust
- Efficiency of Operation
- Power Consumption per unit area
2. VESDA Flex:
VESDA Flex provides future-proof expandability and programming for maximum flexibility using:
- StaX Hardware expansion modules integrate with the VESDA-E detector to provide additional capabilities including integrated Power Supply, Auto Pipe Clean, and ECO gas detection
- Xtralis Software Analytics applications (Xapps) that can be purchased, downloaded, configured & managed remotely over the internet.
3. VESDA Analytics:
VESDA Analytics improve the effectiveness of smoke detection by providing supplementary probabilistic information for targeted detection and efficient response. Analytics notification is integrated into Xtralis VSM4 and iVESDA platforms for local and remote response. VESDA-E Analytics examples include DieselTrace, WireTrace and DustTrace.
4. VESDA Verify:
VESDA Verify provides situational awareness to improve response time, efficiency and effectiveness through pin-point addressability for up to 120 locations. VESDA-E VEA provides reliable early warning with minimum nuisance alarms, centralised maintenance with built-in blow back capability, and full system integrity check. Refer to the Xtralis website for full VESDA-E VEA details.
5. VESDA Connect:
VESDA Connect provides flexible networking and programming capabilities that reduce installation, commissioning, monitoring and maintenance costs through extensive connectivity options and remote diagnostics tools including Ethernet, WiFi, USB, VESDAnet and Relays.
6. VESDA TCO:
VESDA TCO provides a lifetime of value, reliability and protection.
VESDA-E improves CapEx value through higher sensitivity and longer pipe runs resulting in greater coverage area. It also reduces OpEx costs due to accessible maintenance, field replaceable components and the Auto pipe cleaning StaX. Plug and play features improve the installation experience and reduce its cost via:
• Auto commissioning capability
• Firmware upgrade using only a USB key
• Instant monitoring via Wi-Fi
• Mounting template
• Mounting bracket
• Ample wiring space
• Design-less pipe networks for simple designs
VESDA-E can also provide vast monitoring options including:
For current VESDA users, VESDA-E offers full backward compatibility with the VESDA product line – with VESDA-E you can reduce Total Cost of Ownership by up to 15%.
A software package that allows the user to monitor, configure and control a VESDA system from a central location via a VESDAnet communication loop, Ethernet or WiFi.
A software package that can be used to configure, install, commission and maintain the entire range of VESDA ASDs. The software provides high-level programming flexibility through its on-line and off-line configuration capabilities.
A Windows®-based application that aids the specification and design of pipe networks for VESDA-E air sampling smoke detectors. It provides the designer with tools tospeed the design process and ensure optimum network performance and installation quality. ASPIRE also makes implementation of the design easy. With automatic
generation of lists of all the components required for the project and an Installation Data Pack, the installer will have all the information they need at their fingertips.
iVESDA is a downloadable application that can be installed on Android and iOS handheld devices to monitor and maintain VESDA-E systems with unprecedented ease. iVESDA is also compatible with existing VESDA detectors residing on the same VESDAnet as VESDA-E. iVESDA provides detailed alarm, fault and other status information such as smoke trends, airflow, filter life, as well as viewing of important configuration parameters such as pipes in use and smoke alarm thresholds.