The heart and soul of every eating establishment is the kitchen. Equipped with ranges, broilers, fryers and a myriad of other high-temperature cooking appliances—no other environment demands proper fire protection more than today’s commercial kitchen. The Kidde WHDR System is designed specifically for commercial kitchen applications. By offering the most flexible system configurations in the industry, Kidde provides the most efficient protection for all cooking applications and facilities. You can specify the type of detection, control and cylinder size to fit your application. Investing in a Kidde WHDR System guarantees more than compliance with UL Standard 300, NFPA 96, NFPA 17A and insurance codes—it provides protection from the devastating consequences of a fire.
The Kidde WHDR System:
- Economical—cost-effective, code-compliant fire suppression
- Fast and easy maintenance—semi-annual system inspections and routine maintenance per NFPA regulations are performed quickly and efficiently
- Reliable, proven protection—the WHDR System is the choice of commercial kitchens, with thousands of installations worldwide
- Global network—designed, manufactured and installed by factory-trained Kidde Distributors found around the world
How the System Works?
- Fire is detected activating the XV TM Control System (or the manual pull station is actuated)… causing the cylinder valve to open.
- Pressure stored in the cylinder propels the wet chemical agent through the system piping and out of strategically located nozzles. The Kidde WHDR System automatically shuts down the power source to appliances removing the heat.
- The wet chemical agent knocks down flames quickly and forms a protective layer that suppresses fire and prevents fire re-ignition.
How the Agent Works?
The Kidde WHDR system uses Kidde APC wet chemical agent, which extinguishes fire by:
- Saponifying the surface grease (converting it into combustion-resistant soap)
- The cooling effects of water vaporization
- Interrupting the chemical chain reaction of combustion Kidde APC wet chemical agent is proven to be the best suppressant for quick knock-down and prevention of re-ignition of flame.